Visit of a Lifetime
Cliff Palace will be closed for essential preservation work through May 27, 2016.
Between April 14, 2016 and May 27, 2016 the tour will culminate with a ranger guided tour of the most adventurous of Mesa Verde’s dwellings, Balcony House.
For guests not physically able to take the Balcony House Tour, our guide and bus will transport you to the Chapin Mesa Museum for a guided tour.
The 700 Years tour provides you with an overall historical view of the Ancestral Puebloans architectural, horticultural, cultural, and religious dimensions of their lives in the Southwest. You will be taken through a chronological journey starting with the earliest recorded Pithouse villages (600A.D.) in history to the classic Pueblo era of cliff dwellings dated from the 13th century. Cliff Palace, the largest of cliff dwellings in Mesa Verde National Park, is viewed as one of the top ten places to visit in a lifetime.
- Depart Far View Lodge with a pick-up stop at Far View Terrace.
- Duration is 4-hours, which includes short hikes to archaeological sites along the Mesa Loop Road and a walking tour of Cliff Palace.
- Guided tour, led by knowledgeable and friendly guides with historical expertise on the culture, architecture, and lifestyles of the Ancestral Puebloan people.
- Our comfortable motor coaches will transport you to Chapin Mesa, where short walks on simple trails will take you to both the earliest Mesa Top archaeological sites and the magnificent Cliff Palace.
- 8:00 am Tour - Adults $46, Child (Age 5-11) $35
- 1:30 pm Tour - Adults $42, Child (Age 5-11) $26
- Children ages 4 or younger are FREE
ONLINE - Advance Reservations are highly recommended!
In-Person Ticket Purchase Location Options:
- Far View Lodge - Starting April 14, 2016
- Visitor Research Center - Starting April 14, 2016
- Morefield Campground - Starting April 28, 2016
- Far View Terrace - Starting May 2, 2016
Our 700 Years Tour is our most popular Mesa Verde Tour - so book early. And don't forget to bring your camera in order to take home more than just memories.